When we were designing our beeswax Lip Balm for you, we were very sure about what we didn’t want it to include:
- No chemicals,
- No synthetics, definitely no Butylated hydroxyanisole BHA
- No ingredients we wouldn’t want to let our daughters use, definitely no parabens
- No ingredients that would harm the planet, no petrolatum
- Nothing dangerous! Simple.
Verissima's Vanilla beeswax Lip Balm is a beautiful mix of carefully selected oils to not only give you kissable lips, but are also reputed to assist with the drying affects of the wind and sun, giving you that much need protection but also assisting you by helping your dry chapped lips, even cold sores becoming a thing of the pst.
Our Lip Balm came about when a friend’s daughter was in love with a ‘strawberry’ lip gloss that was made from the most horrendous ingredients. We got to work and created a slightly tinted, delicious smelling, essential oil infused, organic beeswax lip balm, a brilliant and completely natural alternative.
A scrumptious and natural product that you can safely use instead of the toxic products marketed at us (and our children!).
In keeping with our mission of being as sustainable as possible, we source Certified Organic Beeswax from a local Perth Hills farm – making it the perfect product to protect your pout from the harsh Australian sun and wind.
Beeswax is such an amazing part of nature. The beautiful young worker bees secrete the wax from special glands in their abdomen, and get this, it is white in colour, only changing to the yellow/creamy colour we are familiar with when it comes into contact with honey and pollen, amazing! It's actually produced in liquid form and only solidifies when it comes into contact with the air. These very clever bees then put their jaws to work and create the intricate honeycombs.
When you look back to ancient times you will see just how special beeswax is -
- The Egyptians - main ingredient for the preparation of ointments and creams to treat burns, wounds and to soothe joint pain.
- Hippocrates - used it in treatment of purulent tonsillitis
- Romans - in creams to assist burns, wounds, cuts, bruises and fractures
- Ayurvedic medicine - abrasions, burns and heel cracking
- Recently studies have highlighted the many antimicrobial benefits of beeswax
I think this is why Verissima's beeswax lip balm is brilliant not only for your kissing lips but has also been helpful with cuts, abrasions and sores, in a pinch. Especially when you don't have a pot of our Healing Balm on hand.
What a handy little pot to have in your pocket!